Tuesday 5 July 2011

Thing 2: other blogs

Well, I'm already behind on my cpd23 schedule but I have been busy brushing up my Excel 2007 skills instead. Vlookup or macro anyone? Now I just need a collection to develop, with associated statistics.. or something unrelated to library and information services.

There are now far more participants than when I started Thing 2. I've looked at several other cpd23 blogs, especially checking out the New Zealanders, "U" and unemployed. I was disappointed to find that the only NZ one tagged national was a bit odd and didn't seem to be being developed (in Wordpress). I was at the National Library of New Zealand for 5 years, although I've been in the UK for 4 years now. Oh well. I'll try it again in a couple of weeks. Other NZ ones were interesting to remind me of the NZ library environment.

Exploring other blogs, I've now found tags for unemployed and volunteer, so have asked for mine to have these tags so that my blog can be found. My voluntary library is a small family history society library I've recently taken on. The collection needs better access and use.


I realised I'm a bit wary of posting publicly. It's the same on Facebook - where I'm amazed at how much some people do say. Maybe it's because I've been involved with websites since 1998 and although they go away, there's often traces of them in places like the Internet Archive.

Now on to Thing 3, although I'll keep exploring and following other blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment