Sunday 27 November 2011

Thing 17: Prezi etc

Some Prezi examples look like a good idea, eg as a learning object to be used independently. I like the way it can all be seen and navigation can move in a different order if necessary. It would save having that moment in a Powerpoint presentation when I try to remember where to find the slide I want to return to.

I've never been a fan of the flying objects school of death-by-Powerpoint and actually find the zooming around makes me feel a bit car- (or sea-) sick.

With that in mind I've created my first Prezi, Winter storage. I'm afraid it is linear as I haven't yet thought of a more complex example.

I've been inspired by many Slideshare presentations in the past as a quick way of learning some basic information about topics I'm interested in.

I thought the resume was an interesting idea, but am not keen to try it myself. For my roles I think it would never totally replace the paper version. Agencies wouldn't like it (won't store in their system) and I really need a basic text CV to draw on for the application processes that require me to rewrite my CV into an online form.

If I have something worthwhile to share in future I'll add it to Slideshare. Unless, that is, I've used Prezi!

No comments:

Post a Comment