Saturday 26 November 2011

Thing 18: Jing / screen capture/ Audacity / podcasts

I can see I'll have to smooth my mouse movements to capture video using Jing. I've had a few attempts which I'm not keen to publish! The mouse movements are improving.

Jing would be very useful for a short training video to demostrate how to use a database or piece of software. In order to produce something adequate it is going to be essential for me to write a script and to practise a few times to eliminate non-essential mouse movements.

Using Jing as image capture software, I like the ability to add texboxes, highlighting and arrows. I usually capture screenshots for presentations as it gives certainty that there is something visible rather than relying only on live internet connections. Jing makes annotating the screenshots really easy and I will definitely be using it in future.

I have already used Audacity to edit/manage format changes of sound files. Today I used it to record a short podcast about this course. I need a script or to practise in the same way as I normally prepare to give a presentation. I am not yet ready to publish my podcasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment