Sunday 27 November 2011

Thing 19: Catch up on integrating

This is a good time to reflect on my earlier posts, although as I've had a couple of non-librarian contracts I am not reflecting after using the tools for work, apart from considering them for my volunteer role.

I am now using LinkedIn and find it useful for keeping in touch with former colleagues and possible job opportunities. To increase its value as a marketing tool I need to add detail about each role to illustrate my skills. I sometimes follow alerts from LinkedIn groups in my email. I continue to use Facebook for friends and family and also pick up CILIP group posts.

Branding: After a brief experiment for this course I am not Tweeting. I thought about deactivating my Twitter account since it is high in search results for my name and is not really wanted as part of my image at present. LinkedIn at no. 4 is just below Twitter at 3, so I would like them reversed. A disadvantage of deactivating is that I then couldn't follow others in Twitter. I will certainly consider blogging and tweeting for any future information related roles I am in.

I still read RSS feeds on a daily basis - but I was doing that before this course. I read a few more blog articles and tweets too but continue to get some information from email lists

No comments:

Post a Comment